Religious Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Continue the debate in here

4 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Continue the debate in here - Page 9 Empty Re: Continue the debate in here

Post by bennett_david Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:46 pm

Thats was not one word. Please just answer with one word, so I know where I stand. You claim that you can prove God's existance. Yes?
I have what I think to be strong enough and good enough reasons for believing in the existence of God.

How many more times do you want me to repeat these questions before you answer them? I would be interested to read / know your answers to the questions I’ve asked. So here are the questions I would like you to answer:

Why are we here?
What’s our purpose in life?
Where did we come from?
What are the origins of life?
What happens after we die?
How can our problem of sin be solved?

So what was the creature before it became a mouse? Can you explain and prove how single celled organisms became multi celled?

And what is your evidence that an asteroid/comet killed the dinosaurs? One issue with this is if dinosaurs where all killed by a asteroid/comet, then why are there still crocodiles and lizards living today? Also why did any animals survive? As for Noah’s flood, animals where kept alive on the ark.

Can you show me a species of fish that has evolved into another species of fish?

Is there no room in your life for the possibility that God might exist? I’m beginning to think that you don’t believe in supernatural or miraculous occurrences. Is this assumption correct?

You ask where the water came from. I ask well if God was able to create the whole universe, then wouldn’t it have been easy for God to have just made it rain? I believe God caused it to rain.

Edwin Poots admitted that he was a young earth creationist:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/2007/12/are_religious_politicians_nutt.html

What do you think of that?

Ok then; in your own words describe to me how you think the origin of life occurred.

What happens when you feel guilty about something? How do you deal with guilt? Do you ever get bored? I’m beginning to think you’re a humanist. Am I correct?

Have you proof that the shark was a hermaphrodite?

It is impossible that life on Earth came from nothing unless God was involved. Until scientists generate new life (in lab conditions) from absolutely nothing will they be able to prove that life originated without God being responsible. So where is the empirical evidence that life came from nothing without God being responsible?

Liam, from what you and scientists can observe nowadays, how do you know that God was not responsible for the creation of animals?

One of the issues with life on Earth is the fact that a number of things need to be present for life to occur. For example humans can’t live unless there is water to drink, food to eat and oxygen to breathe. The flagellum alone demonstrates the interaction of many finely-tuned systems. And without that interaction the flagellum could not function properly. So how can the flagellum function properly if one of those finely-tuned systems is missing?

From an evolutionary point of view, how can an unicellular or small multicellular organism propel itself if the flagellum hasn’t evolved?

If there was an oxygen–less atmosphere with the primeval soup, how could life originate or survive?

If parents are needed to seed new life, then without God creating the first life on Earth, how could the first life have come into existence? This is another reason why God must have been responsible for the creation of life on this Earth. Unless of course you can show me a creature that came into existence even though it never had any parents. Can you do that?

Liam, has evolution been observed while it’s happening?

Is the sheer complexity found in life on Earth (for example the flagellum) not circumstantial evidence that life was designed and created by God? I believe it is circumstantial evidence that life was designed and created by God.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_evidence
I quote:
Circumstantial evidence are a collection of facts that, when considered together, can be used to infer a conclusion about something unknown. Circumstantial evidence is usually a theory, supported by a significant quantity of corroborating evidence.
When you consider the complexity of life on Earth coupled with the factors that allow for life to exist and flourish on Earth (not too near the Sun and not too far away from the Sun so that water can exist on Earth’s surface, plus the existence of the moon as a stabilizer for Earth and Jupiter to protect from asteroids) I believe this is strong circumstantial evidence that points to God as the designer and creator of life.

Liam, how do you explain the oldest living organism on the Earth; The Bristlecone Pine?

http://creationwiki.org/Bristlecone_pine

It is less than 5000 years old. If the Biblical global flood did not take place then surely there should be other living organisms that are older than the Bristlecone Pine. Unless of course there was a global flood that wiped out all life (apart from what went on the Ark) and the Bristlecone Pine just happens to be the oldest living organism since the flood.

Liam, what are your views on Dawkins calling himself a cultural Christian?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7136682.stm

Liam, what about Christian revivals? A Christian revival is a time when God is clearly at work in the lives of humans on Earth. An example of this was the revivals in Wales:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/religion/sites/timeline/pages/religion_in_wales_13.shtml

These are real events that actually took place. Now if God was fake, not true and did not exist, then can you provide an explanation for events during a Christian revival? If Christianity was all a lie then I would expect there to be a lot less people who have had their lives transformed by Jesus.

Answer this question honestly: Is there any science that goes against evolution that you actually take seriously and consider not to be pseudoscience?

Also, did you watch the video I provided the link for (about our created Universe)?

http://www.nwcreation.net/media/Our_Created_Universe_high.wmv

In that video Spike Psarris mentions scientific issues and then quotes from evolutionists to prove that these issues he mentioned where not made up and where actually issues that evolutionists where trying to deal with. So how is that video pseudoscience? Could only be pseudoscience if Spike Psarris mentioned issues and he was making up the issues. But these issues where real scientific issues.

http://www.vision.net.au/~apaterson/science/darwin_critique1.htm
I quote:
IRREDUCIBLE COMPLEXITY is defined as the base level of complexity below which a system no longer functions. Thus an irreducibly complex system is one comprising several unique interacting components that contribute to the basic function of the 'system' and wherein the removal of just one component renders the whole system no longer functional. An irreducibly complex system cannot 'evolve' by slight, single step successive modifications to a precursor system, because any precursor to an irreducibly complex system that is missing a part, is by definition non-functional and as such would have no purpose and presumably could not be the subject of 'natural selection'.
The human eye is an example of irreducible complexity. If one part of a human eye is missing then it cannot function as effectively. So Liam, can you show me a creature that if it missed one part could still function as effectively? If a human only had one lung instead of two lungs, yes that human might still be able to function, but nowhere as effectively. The flagellum is another example of irreducible complexity.

Certain creatures need lots of things to be present for them to function fully and without all those things being present they couldn’t function properly. Is that not a problem for the theory of evolution?

Liam, can you explain how a woodpecker (Bird with strong claws and a stiff tail adapted for climbing and a hard chisel-like bill for boring into wood for insects.) evolved? Here is a video about just how complicated a woodpecker actually is:

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=817b7893bcdeed13799b

Like a car with a chassis and wheels in place but no engine to power it, would all the woodpeckers not die out if they developed a strong beak but hadn’t developed protection for their brain? Would all the woodpeckers not die out before evolving on to the state of complexity that we find woodpeckers have today? Is it actually possible to look at complex animals we see nowadays and work backwards and say that they evolved? How is it possible if multiple factors we see today in an animal are required for an animal’s survival and removal of one of those factors would result in the death and inability to survive of that animal? Surely then the animal would have died out before it got to the point of complexity that we see in the animal nowadays? Therefore the woodpecker is a bird that must have been created as a woodpecker with all the right factors in place for it to survive. This points to God as the creator of the woodpecker.

Liam, where did the first spark come from for the big bang?

Liam you have to answer this question; if you think there is no proof for the existence of God, then why are there any intelligent people that believe in the existence of God? All intelligent people who believe in God can’t all be deluded.

Liam you obviously have difficulty in accepting the existence of God as a true reality. Therefore you need to tell me what it would take for you to be convinced of the existence of God and then I can tell you if I can convince you. Well what would it take for me to prove to you that God exists?

Liam, how do you know that atheism is true (or probably true)? How do you know that the criteria you use for deciding this question is the correct criteria?

What about Charles Hodge and his anti-slavery views in later life?

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:29 am

Why are you afraid to answer my question?

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:49 am

I would be interested to read / know your answers to the questions I’ve asked. So here are the questions I would like you to answer:

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

So what was the creature before it became a mouse? Can you explain and prove how single celled organisms became multi celled?

And what is your evidence that an asteroid/comet killed the dinosaurs? One issue with this is if dinosaurs where all killed by a asteroid/comet, then why are there still crocodiles and lizards living today? Also why did any animals survive? As for Noah’s flood, animals where kept alive on the ark.

Can you show me a species of fish that has evolved into another species of fish?

Is there no room in your life for the possibility that God might exist? I’m beginning to think that you don’t believe in supernatural or miraculous occurrences. Is this assumption correct?

You ask where the water came from. I ask well if God was able to create the whole universe, then wouldn’t it have been easy for God to have just made it rain? I believe God caused it to rain.

Ok then; in your own words describe to me how you think the origin of life occurred.

What happens when you feel guilty about something? How do you deal with guilt? Do you ever get bored? I’m beginning to think you’re a humanist. Am I correct?

It is impossible that life on Earth came from nothing unless God was involved. Until scientists generate new life (in lab conditions) from absolutely nothing will they be able to prove that life originated without God being responsible. So where is the empirical evidence that life came from nothing without God being responsible?

Liam, from what you and scientists can observe nowadays, how do you know that God was not responsible for the creation of animals?

One of the issues with life on Earth is the fact that a number of things need to be present for life to occur. For example humans can’t live unless there is water to drink, food to eat and oxygen to breathe. The flagellum alone demonstrates the interaction of many finely-tuned systems. And without that interaction the flagellum could not function properly. So how can the flagellum function properly if one of those finely-tuned systems is missing?

From an evolutionary point of view, how can an unicellular or small multicellular organism propel itself if the flagellum hasn’t evolved?

If there was an oxygen–less atmosphere with the primeval soup, how could life originate or survive?

If parents are needed to seed new life, then without God creating the first life on Earth, how could the first life have come into existence? This is another reason why God must have been responsible for the creation of life on this Earth. Unless of course you can show me a creature that came into existence even though it never had any parents. Can you do that?

Is the sheer complexity found in life on Earth (for example the flagellum) not circumstantial evidence that life was designed and created by God? I believe it is circumstantial evidence that life was designed and created by God.

I quote:
Circumstantial evidence are a collection of facts that, when considered together, can be used to infer a conclusion about something unknown. Circumstantial evidence is usually a theory, supported by a significant quantity of corroborating evidence.
When you consider the complexity of life on Earth coupled with the factors that allow for life to exist and flourish on Earth (not too near the Sun and not too far away from the Sun so that water can exist on Earth’s surface, plus the existence of the moon as a stabilizer for Earth and Jupiter to protect from asteroids) I believe this is strong circumstantial evidence that points to God as the designer and creator of life.

Liam, how do you explain the oldest living organism on the Earth; The Bristlecone Pine?

It is less than 5000 years old. If the Biblical global flood did not take place then surely there should be other living organisms that are older than the Bristlecone Pine. Unless of course there was a global flood that wiped out all life (apart from what went on the Ark) and the Bristlecone Pine just happens to be the oldest living organism since the flood.

Liam, what about Christian revivals? A Christian revival is a time when God is clearly at work in the lives of humans on Earth. An example of this was the revivals in Wales:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/religion/sites/timeline/pages/religion_in_wales_13.shtml

These are real events that actually took place. Now if God was fake, not true and did not exist, then can you provide an explanation for events during a Christian revival? If Christianity was all a lie then I would expect there to be a lot less people who have had their lives transformed by Jesus.

Answer this question honestly: Is there any science that goes against evolution that you actually take seriously and consider not to be pseudoscience?

Also, did you watch the video I provided the link for (about our created Universe)?

In that video Spike Psarris mentions scientific issues and then quotes from evolutionists to prove that these issues he mentioned where not made up and where actually issues that evolutionists where trying to deal with. So how is that video pseudoscience? Could only be pseudoscience if Spike Psarris mentioned issues and he was making up the issues. But these issues where real scientific issues.

I quote:
IRREDUCIBLE COMPLEXITY is defined as the base level of complexity below which a system no longer functions. Thus an irreducibly complex system is one comprising several unique interacting components that contribute to the basic function of the 'system' and wherein the removal of just one component renders the whole system no longer functional. An irreducibly complex system cannot 'evolve' by slight, single step successive modifications to a precursor system, because any precursor to an irreducibly complex system that is missing a part, is by definition non-functional and as such would have no purpose and presumably could not be the subject of 'natural selection'.
The human eye is an example of irreducible complexity. If one part of a human eye is missing then it cannot function as effectively. So Liam, can you show me a creature that if it missed one part could still function as effectively? If a human only had one lung instead of two lungs, yes that human might still be able to function, but nowhere as effectively. The flagellum is another example of irreducible complexity.

Certain creatures need lots of things to be present for them to function fully and without all those things being present they couldn’t function properly. Is that not a problem for the theory of evolution?

Liam, can you explain how a woodpecker (Bird with strong claws and a stiff tail adapted for climbing and a hard chisel-like bill for boring into wood for insects.) evolved? Here is a video about just how complicated a woodpecker actually is:

Like a car with a chassis and wheels in place but no engine to power it, would all the woodpeckers not die out if they developed a strong beak but hadn’t developed protection for their brain? Would all the woodpeckers not die out before evolving on to the state of complexity that we find woodpeckers have today? Is it actually possible to look at complex animals we see nowadays and work backwards and say that they evolved? How is it possible if multiple factors we see today in an animal are required for an animal’s survival and removal of one of those factors would result in the death and inability to survive of that animal? Surely then the animal would have died out before it got to the point of complexity that we see in the animal nowadays? Therefore the woodpecker is a bird that must have been created as a woodpecker with all the right factors in place for it to survive. This points to God as the creator of the woodpecker.

Liam you have to answer this question; if you think there is no proof for the existence of God, then why are there any intelligent people that believe in the existence of God? All intelligent people who believe in God can’t all be deluded.

Liam you obviously have difficulty in accepting the existence of God as a true reality. Therefore you need to tell me what it would take for you to be convinced of the existence of God and then I can tell you if I can convince you. Well what would it take for me to prove to you that God exists?

Liam, how do you know that atheism is true (or probably true)? How do you know that the criteria you use for deciding this question is the correct criteria?

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:50 pm

What are you frightened of?

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:55 pm

I would be interested to read / know your answers to the questions I’ve asked. So here are the questions I would like you to answer:

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

I quote:

I quote:

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:35 pm

I will take that as a No then.

And since you cannot prove your position, I am no longer required to refute it.

Debate concluded, with the outcome being one of agnosticisim (on your part).

Thank you, Bye! :-)

*Edit*

Btw, I was actually looking forward to answering your questions.

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:00 am

I will take that as a No then.

And since you cannot prove your position, I am no longer required to refute it.

Debate concluded, with the outcome being one of agnosticisim (on your part).

Thank you, Bye! :-)

*Edit*

Btw, I was actually looking forward to answering your questions.
The debate is not concluded. How come you keep getting me to prove my position, but when I ask you questions in relation to your position you just ignore my questions and avoid answering them? If you believe God does not exist then you should have no problem answering the questions I’ve asked.

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

I quote:

I quote:

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:13 am

Before I can answer your question(s) I need to know your definative position, which is can you prove the existance of God? Yes or No?

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:18 am

Before I can answer your question(s) I need to know your definative position, which is can you prove the existance of God? Yes or No?
Ok then. Please answer this question:

----
I would be interested to read / know your answers to the rest of the questions I’ve asked. So here are the questions I would like you to answer:

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

I quote:

I quote:

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:39 am

I'm sorry. but you forgot to answer my question?? Well...

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:33 am

Please answer this question:

----
I would be interested to read / know your answers to the rest of the questions I’ve asked. So here are the questions I would like you to answer:

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

I quote:

I quote:

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Can you at any point, at any time prove the existance of God? Yes or No?

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:30 pm

Can you at any point, at any time prove the existance of God? Yes or No?
Well what would it take for me to prove to you that God exists?

----

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

I quote:

I quote:

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:06 pm

Can you prove it at all?

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:12 pm

Can you prove it at all?

----

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

I quote:

I quote:

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:00 pm

Nevermind!

You obviously cannot, and hence the debate cannot continue.

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:16 pm

Nevermind!

You obviously cannot, and hence the debate cannot continue.
The debate is not finished. Why is the burden of proof on me? By your current refusal to answer my questions you haven’t 100% proved your worldview.

----

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

I quote:

I quote:

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:38 pm

Liam, you made the following claim that you had disproved and rebuked all my arguments:
For a start you have not provided any arguments, merely opinions, scripture, circular reasoning and pesudoscience. All of which I have disproved and rebuked.
All the following questions I had asked before you made that claim and therefore your claim can not be true until you answer them.

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:31 am

The burden of proof is always on the one who claims the existance of something. Especially since no one can prove a negitive. For example, if a muslim says, to you, that Allah is the one true God, wouldn't you ask him to prove it?

You realise you have been defeated in this debate, and you are just being childish. If you want me to answer your questions, at least have the decency to answer mine.

Can you prove the existance of (Your) God? Yes or No?

Reply with a one word answer and we can continue, if you do not, then you have admitted defeat in this debate.

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:41 am

The burden of proof is always on the one who claims the existance of something. Especially since no one can prove a negitive. For example, if a muslim says, to you, that Allah is the one true God, wouldn't you ask him to prove it?

You realise you have been defeated in this debate, and you are just being childish. If you want me to answer your questions, at least have the decency to answer mine.

Can you prove the existance of (Your) God? Yes or No?

Reply with a one word answer and we can continue, if you do not, then you have admitted defeat in this debate.

----

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

I quote:

I quote:

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:07 am

EVIDENCE!

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:21 am

EVIDENCE!
Liam, is the existence of the human eye, the flagellum, the Bristlecone Pine and the woodpecker not strong evidence that the Earth was created by God and that God actually exists and is real? I believe it is strong evidence:

----

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

I quote:

I quote:

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:24 am

No! That is only evidence for evolution. Blind and Natural! As LaPlace said, when asked where God was in hit model of the universe: 'It works without that assumption!'

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:35 am

No! That is only evidence for evolution. Blind and Natural! As LaPlace said, when asked where God was in hit model of the universe: 'It works without that assumption!'
Ok then. Can you explain how the woodpecker evolved? And please do not say yes without actually giving me the answer. And when you’re done answering that, you can try and answer this question:

Can you explain and prove how single celled organisms became multi celled?

----

Why are we here?
Where did we come from?

So what was the creature before it became a mouse?

I quote:

I quote:

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:36 am

Of course I will answer your question. But at least be a man, and answer mine with a yes or no.

Can you prove the existance of God?

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next