Religious Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Continue the debate in here

4 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Continue the debate in here - Page 15 Empty Re: Continue the debate in here

Post by Burns_William Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:42 am

I literally didn't even let the video load. Do you know why? Cause it was posted by the retards at way of he master. Which is where I think you would fit in very well.

Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIaV8swc-fo

CAUTION.... May contain LOGIC!

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:26 pm

You won't watch a video I show you, you won't respond to my reasonable point about God answering prayer proving He exists plus you failed to answer my previous questions. Seems to me you have decided in your mind that you won't believe God exists no matter what I say.

By the way I watched that video (Homeopathy & Nutritionists vs Real Science!) you showed me. The guy was rather rude.

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Seems to me you have decided in your mind that you won't believe God exists no matter what I say.

That's the point. YOU don't say anything. You just copy and paste from AIG and other Xian sites. YOU have nothing of relevance to say. Hence the reason I enjoyed debating Nathan, as he actually made points and responded to mine.

You on the other hand, copy and paste. Have you ever thought for yourself.

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:10 pm

You just copy and paste from AIG and other Xian sites.
That's not entirely true. I mentioned the 2 examples of God answering prayer proving He exists and also there are those questions which you still haven't bothered to answer. It was through reading and thinking for myself that I came up with those questions.

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:44 pm

The perhaps you should read all my posts in this debate, as I have answered most, if not all, of those questions.

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Burns_William wrote:The perhaps you should read all my posts in this debate, as I have answered most, if not all, of those questions.
If that were true then I wouldn't have had to keep asking you them over and over again. You could at least respond to my reasonable point about the 2 examples of God answering prayer proving He exists. You know if you are not prepared to deal with issues/points/questions I raise then you can't expect to have a good debate.

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95hH1H5qK08

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:17 pm

Burns_William wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95hH1H5qK08
I watched that video. Just to clarify; some of the Old Testament features the Jewish Law which are commands that God gave for the Jews to obey. Sin acts like a barrier between humanity and God. Sin deserves to be punishable by death. Sinful humans can not approach a Holy God without something/ or someone making atonement for their sins. This is why God gave the commands in the Old Testament about killing animals every time the people sinned. But those kind of sacrifices are no longer needed because Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for humanity's sins so that anyone who puts their trust in Jesus, ask Jesus to save them from their sins and repents can be saved from the penalty of their sins. We no longer stone kids that curse their parents. What I would do in that case is tell the person that cursing their parents is sinful, that they shouldn't be doing that and then I would point them to Jesus and tell them that if they put their trust in Jesus, ask Jesus to save them from their sins and repent they can be saved.

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to answer my questions and also respond to the 2 examples of God answering prayer proving He exists.

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:38 pm

6 points about the existence of God:

• The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate Designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today. That Designer is the God of the Bible.
  • The Universe had a start, therefore it had a cause. I believe God caused it.
  • The universe operates by uniform laws of nature. And why does it? Because God controls those laws of nature.
  • The precise and complex information contained in DNA could not be there unless God put it there.
  • We know God exists because he pursues us. He is constantly initiating and seeking for us to come to him. That is why people say for example "There must be more to life than wealth, fame etc..." God designed humans to be in relationship with him; to commune so to speak. Sin acts as a barrier between God and humanity which is why we need Jesus to do deal with our sins.
  • Unlike any other revelation of God, Jesus Christ is the clearest, most specific picture of God revealing himself to us.

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:29 pm

Continue the debate in here - Page 15 3772628475_0874e5fe5e_o

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:14 pm

http://www.icr.org/article/4791/
Atmospheres: A Narrow Zone for Life by David F. Coppedge*

One of earth's greatest assets is its life-supporting atmosphere. Only eight other bodies in the solar system are enshrouded in gas to a significant degree.1 Atmospheres can produce dramatic effects: winds, clouds, and precipitation. Since they share a boundary with space, where the solar wind dominates, atmospheres can provide information for evaluating the plausibility of theories about planets' age and habitability.

Mercury’s atmosphere was thought to be long gone, but the MESSENGER spacecraft showed that a slight amount of gas remains. Space.com reported that magnetic vortices reach the surface where the solar wind can blast away volatiles from surface rocks by a process called sputtering.2 The spacecraft also showed extensive volcanism, some of it recent, that may have supplied volatiles to its tenuous atmosphere. These volatiles (such as water vapor and carbon dioxide) were not thought to exist in the inner planets. Nature proposed that Mercury formed farther out and then migrated inward.3 Even so, it seems implausible that an atmosphere so near the sun has been in steady state for billions of years.

Most of Mars' early atmosphere is thought to have been eroded by the solar wind because the planet's weak magnetic field provides little protection. Earth's atmosphere feels the solar erosion, too, but on a much slower scale, because its magnetic field is much stronger. The evolutionary view of the age of earth's atmosphere requires two ad hoc rescuing devices: migration inward after formation in volatile-rich regions, then special delivery of atmospheric volatiles by impacts. Comets have long been suggested as sources for earth's oceans, but the differing hydrogen-deuterium ratios cast doubt on that hypothesis.

Venus has a thick atmosphere but almost no global magnetic field. Its volcanoes are not thought to be active. Why does it have so much gas left, if Mars--farther from the sun by 77 million miles--has lost much of its own? The lack of a thick atmosphere and global magnetic field very likely renders Mars sterile. Astrobiology Magazine reported on experiments with microbes exposed to Mars-like conditions. The UV radiation is devastating; there is no escape from it, even in salt crystals, scientists found. In addition, NASA scientist Andrew Schuerger listed 13 separate factors on Mars that could kill earth microbes.4

A planet's atmosphere is tied to its geology. The interplay of tidal interactions can produce volcanoes that release volatiles from the interior. Scientists are now realizing that a delicate balance is required.5 A dynamic crust is vital to an atmosphere's stability, but too much tidal activity (like on Jupiter's moon Io) can smother any incipient life. This means a "tidal habitable zone" and a "UV habitable zone" must constrain the "habitable zone" where temperatures permit liquid water. The zone around red dwarf stars (the most numerous) would increase tidal activity. Most likely, the three habitable zones do not coincide and life would not be possible around the majority of stars.

Atmospheres are being found to be too dynamic to endure for billions of years. In addition, the balance of conditions necessary for life seems more delicate with each new discovery. Comparative planetology shows that the factors governing atmospheres can vary widely. The evidence points to a young solar system with one planet, situated in a narrow habitable zone, with the right geology and atmosphere for life. If the planet is young, life could not have evolved. Design remains, therefore, the simplest and most elegant explanation.

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:42 pm

bennett_david wrote:
You just copy and paste from AIG and other Xian sites.
That's not entirely true. I mentioned the 2 examples of God answering prayer proving He exists and also there are those questions which you still haven't bothered to answer. It was through reading and thinking for myself that I came up with those questions.

Please see your last few posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIm2H0ksawg

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIm2H0ksawg
2 questions in regard to that video:

The video claimed that every aspect of evolution has been observed. Is there fossil evidence to back all this up?

The video also said there are over 240000 peer reviewed articles. Are any of those written by Christians or people who belive in God?

Also remember that what looks like evolution isn't always evolution, for example in the case of the Peppered moth:

http://www.neatorama.com/2006/09/19/10scientific-frauds-that-rocked-the-world/

4. The Most Unnatural of Selections

In the mid-1800s pollution from factories in Britain was darkening trees by killing the lichen, and scientists also noted a decline in the ratio between lighter-colored peppered moths and darker varieties.

It was hypothesized that the lighter moths were easier to spot and thus were eaten by more birds. Here was evolution in action. Bernard Kettlewell sat in the woods and watched to see whether birds preferred the lighter version to darker, and he reported that indeed they were twice as likely to eat the lighter moths.

Three problems, though: (1) Kettlewell was responsible for nailing dead moths to the trees for the birds to feed on, (2) peppered moths rarely alight on tree trunks, and (3) birds don’t normally feed on months moths that are on the side of trees. Even after scientists were informed of these inconsistencies, many still clung to the validity of the experiment, perhaps because they wanted to believe it as the canonical example of observed natural selection.
Please answer my questions and respond to the 2 examples of God answering prayer proving He exists.

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:15 pm

The video claimed that every aspect of evolution has been observed. Is there fossil evidence to back all this up?

Some of it was shown in the video (4:32, 5:32, 7:46)! Also read my previous posts, as I have provided plenty. Look for Archaeopteryx!

The video also said there are over 240000 peer reviewed articles. Are
any of those written by Christians or people who belive in God?

Ken Miller! And I'm sure Francis Collins wrote a few papers in his time! Also, it doesn't matter who writes it, as long as they have EVIDENCE to back it up!

Also remember that what looks like evolution isn't always evolution, for example in the case of the Peppered moth:

Well retard, maybe if you knew enough about evolution you would know that although the experiment was not perfect, as Kettlewell released the moths during the day and not at night (when moths are usually active), the observation showed conclusively that industrial pollution was a factor in the difference in predation between colour varieties.

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o92x6AvxCFg

More here: https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=101582689E353E13

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:28 am

Some of it was shown in the video (4:32, 5:32, 7:46)! Also read my previous posts, as I have provided plenty. Look for Archaeopteryx!
In regard to Archaeopteryx, well we all know the London Archaeopteryx specimen was forged.
Ken Miller! And I'm sure Francis Collins wrote a few papers in his time!
As I thought, you can believe in God and not be a retard.
Well retard, maybe if you knew enough about evolution you would know that although the experiment was not perfect, as Kettlewell released the moths during the day and not at night (when moths are usually active), the observation showed conclusively that industrial pollution was a factor in the difference in predation between colour varieties.
In regard to the moths being released during the day you might want to read this article:

http://ncseweb.org/creationism/analysis/kettlewells-experiments

They where placed onto trunks at dawn, allowed to take up their own resting places and some even stayed out for two nights before being captured. Basically Kettlewell's experiments where meant to be a great example of evolution in action, but they wheren't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o92x6AvxCFg
Dawkins just talked about animals that are similar. If evolution was true then surely there should be fossils showing evolution at every stage (animal with shorts leg, more fossils showing similar animal with longer legs, another animal with even longer legs proving that the legs evolved to be longer overtime). Also Dawkins didn't explain why Whales still exist. If one animal evolves into another I would expect the previous version to die out. If we evolved from monkey like creatures then surely some of them should still exist like the Whales that exist even though Hippos evolved from them. Looks like Dawkins grouped similar animals together and said this one became that one.

On a different topic, what about the 2 examples of God answering prayer I mentioned that prove God exists?

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:56 am

In regard to Archaeopteryx, well we all know the London Archaeopteryx specimen was forged.

First of all where is your source? Secondly, there is more than one specimen!

As I thought, you can believe in God and not be a retard.

Yeah you can, because these christians also accept the evidence for evolution. Are they NOT christian because they accept evolution?

You on the other hand are a retard, simply because you are retarded, nothing to do with what you believe.

[quote]They where placed onto trunks at dawn, allowed to take up their own
resting places and some even stayed out for two nights before being
captured. Basically Kettlewell's experiments where meant to be a great
example of evolution in action, but they wheren't.[/quote

The fact that the moths changed means it did happen!

Dawkins just talked about animals that are similar. If evolution was
true then surely there should be fossils showing evolution at every
stage (animal with shorts leg, more fossils showing similar animal with
longer legs, another animal with even longer legs proving that the legs
evolved to be longer overtime).

You are a fucking retard! You do not even know what evolution is or how it works. The changes that occur in evolution are at the gene level. One animal does not give birth to a completely new species, simply an animal with slight changes in their genes. Which may result in a slightly longer neck, or in the case of the moths, darker wings!

In regard to the moths being released during the day you might want to read this article:

http://ncseweb.org/creationism/analysis/kettlewells-experiments

They
where placed onto trunks at dawn, allowed to take up their own resting
places and some even stayed out for two nights before being captured.
Basically Kettlewell's experiments where meant to be a great example of
evolution in action, but they wheren't.

Your own link shows the validity of the exerpiment, thereby making your point worthless! Fuck me you are dumb!

Also Dawkins didn't explain why Whales still exist.

They do! There is no 'why'!

If one animal evolves into another I would expect the previous version to die out.

That is because you are a retard! You expect that, because you no nothing about chemistry, biology, geology and physics.

Not everything fossilises! The petrol in your parents car comes from the cruse oil, which is fossilised creatures from millions of years ago. Chances are when you die YOU will NOT be fossilised! As ill I!

Also, if you take a picture of yourself for every day of your life. And put them in a line chronologically, is there a definative point when you hit puberty? i.e. Can you point to a picture/day where you became an adult male? And I don't mean by law! I mean biologically.

However, take a picture a year and it is much easier to distinguish from adolesence to adult. (Pitty you brain hasn't drown up)

If we evolved from monkey like creatures then surely some of them
should still exist like the Whales that exist even though Hippos
evolved from them. Looks like Dawkins grouped similar animals together
and said this one became that one.

DID YOU WATCH ALL THE VIDEOS IN THE SERIES!

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:12 pm

First of all where is your source? Secondly, there is more than one specimen!
In regard to the London specimen:

* The feather impressions appear only on the slab, not on the counterslab.
* The surface texture is different between the feathered and unfeathered areas.
* Slightly elevated "blobs" appear which are not always matched by depressions on the counterslab.
* The feathers show "double strike" impressions.
* Hairline cracks which pass through both bones and feathers could have formed by slight movements to the slab after the cement was in place.
* Under magnification, the limestone appears different in fossil and non-fossil areas of the specimen.
* Unknown material appears within the matrix in the fossil area.
* An x-ray chemical analysis showed chemical differences, including silicon, sulfur, and chlorine in the fossil area that were not present in the non-fossil area.

Yeah you can, because these christians also accept the evidence for evolution. Are they NOT christian because they accept evolution?
They can be Christian, that doesn’t necessarily mean they are correct about evolution; time will tell in regard to that.
The fact that the moths changed means it did happen!
Where the moths not dark because of the pollution?
You are a fucking retard! You do not even know what evolution is or how it works. The changes that occur in evolution are at the gene level. One animal does not give birth to a completely new species, simply an animal with slight changes in their genes. Which may result in a slightly longer neck, or in the case of the moths, darker wings!
If changes are at the gene level then the process for evolution would be very slow (from Whale to Hippo) so you would think there would be plenty of fossils to show the process at each stage. Are there? If it took millions of years to go from whale to Hippo then there would be more chance for the fossils to form in the same way that saying the Earth is old (millions of years) rather than young gives evolution a higher chance of happening even though it’s highly improbable.
DID YOU WATCH ALL THE VIDEOS IN THE SERIES!
Just the one about the hippo and the whale.

By the way you still havn’t dealt with the 2 examples of God answering prayer proving He exists.

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:55 pm

If changes are at the gene level then the process for evolution would
be very slow (from Whale to Hippo) so you would think there would be
plenty of fossils to show the process at each stage. Are there? If it
took millions of years to go from whale to Hippo then there would be
more chance for the fossils to form in the same way that saying the
Earth is old (millions of years) rather than young gives evolution a
higher chance of happening even though it’s highly improbable.

How fucking retarded are you! The whale didn't evolve into a hippo, nor the other way round. They evolved from a common ancestor!

Whether or not you THINK there should be more fossils means nothing. The fossil we have are all we have found, because not everything fossilises.

It's not time that specifically fossilises things, it is the mineral rich conditions!

Even if no fossils existed, DNA provides plenty of evidence for evolution.

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:55 pm

P.S. Watch the rest of the videos you MORON!!

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:35 pm

They evolved from a common ancestor!
I don’t believe that. It goes against the Genesis account. God created man and the animals; the animals and man didn’t come from a common ancestor.
Whether or not you THINK there should be more fossils means nothing. The fossil we have are all we have found, because not everything fossilises.
Then any gaps in the fossil record are going to prove very problematic for evolution.
Even if no fossils existed, DNA provides plenty of evidence for evolution.
The complexity of DNA proves it was designed by God.

By the way you still haven’t dealt with the 2 examples of God answering prayer proving He exists.

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns_William Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Can I ask why you continue to post? You don't believe in evolution (although whether you believe it or not, it has and continues to happen), because of your upbringing. Essentially you reject anything that conflicts with YOUR literal interpretation of the bible, despite all the evidence I have put forward, from various (respectable) sources and from varying scientific fields.

Your 'evidence' consists of quotes from the bible, and when I ask you to prove the authenticity and reliability of the events and accounts contained within the bible you cite the bible. That is circular reasoning. Although you lack reason.

Before you copy and paste some crap about the authenticity of the manuscripts etc, I don't deny that the manuscripts are genuinely that old. Its what is in them that does not have evidence to back it up. For example, do you know of any piece of history, or better still another book in the bible that mentions this event? Matt 27:52-53

Until you understand the process of evolution, you should no longer comment on what are problems for evolution. I think you will agree that my knowledge of christian theology and the bible outweighs your knowledge of science, as well as your own bible/theology knowledge.

Don't answer this question, but I assume you cannot build a nuclear reactor. It is too complex for you. Does this complexity mean that God created nuclear reactors? The complexity of DNA only proves one thing, DNA is complex. That is all it proves. Evidence shows how evolution and natural selection have mutated certain (random) parts of all living genes, from humans to bananas.

In relation to you continuing questions regarding prayer, may I remind you that you poses two example of prayer working, how about the (I assume) billions of unanswered prayers? What about the Jews praying in the concentration camps during WWII? How about the example of the parents praying fro their child to be healed, and refusing to bring their child to hospital? The child died. (I mentioned this very early in our 'debate'). Did the child not have enough faith? Did the parents not have enough? Mark 11:24

Or where they in the wrong position? What position where the believer in the example you provided? On their knees: 1 Kings 8:54, bowing Exodus 4:31, on their faces 2 Chronicles 20:18 & Matt 26:39, or standing 1 Kings 8:22.

Best leave it there...

Good luck and please don't post anymore (Or at the very least don't copy and paste. I took the time to type, why don't you?)!!!

Burns_William

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Can I ask why you continue to post? You don't believe in evolution (although whether you believe it or not, it has and continues to happen), because of your upbringing. Essentially you reject anything that conflicts with YOUR literal interpretation of the bible, despite all the evidence I have put forward, from various (respectable) sources and from varying scientific fields.
You still haven't shown me proper transitional fossils.
Your 'evidence' consists of quotes from the bible, and when I ask you to prove the authenticity and reliability of the events and accounts contained within the bible you cite the bible. That is circular reasoning. Although you lack reason.
In comparison to other historic books of a similar age the Bible is very reliable. If Jesus never lived then we wouldn't base our calendar on Him; BC / AD.
Before you copy and paste some crap about the authenticity of the manuscripts etc, I don't deny that the manuscripts are genuinely that old. Its what is in them that does not have evidence to back it up. For example, do you know of any piece of history, or better still another book in the bible that mentions this event? Matt 27:52-53
Maybe the other 3 Gospel writers didn't know about that event which is why they didn't include it in their Gospels. If the 4 Gospels writers where working together to make sure their Gospels where the same in every single detail then they would have made sure that all 4 of their Gospels where the same; the differences add to the overall authenticity of the Gospel accounts. There is one historical quote about people that Jesus raised from the dead; it is by a certain Quadratus:
"But our Savior's works were permanent, for they were real. Those who had been cured or rose from the dead not only appeared to be cured or raised but were permanent, not only during our Savior's stay on earth, but also after his departure. They remained for a considerable period, so that some of them even reached our times."
Until you understand the process of evolution, you should no longer comment on what are problems for evolution. I think you will agree that my knowledge of christian theology and the bible outweighs your knowledge of science, as well as your own bible/theology knowledge.
I doubt you know more about bible/theology than me. You didn't even know there was more than one King Herod until I told you.
Don't answer this question, but I assume you cannot build a nuclear reactor. It is too complex for you. Does this complexity mean that God created nuclear reactors? The complexity of DNA only proves one thing, DNA is complex. That is all it proves. Evidence shows how evolution and natural selection have mutated certain (random) parts of all living genes, from humans to bananas.
If DNA is very complex then it makes it more unlikely that the process of evolution could have produced it.
In relation to you continuing questions regarding prayer, may I remind you that you poses two example of prayer working, how about the (I assume) billions of unanswered prayers? What about the Jews praying in the concentration camps during WWII? How about the example of the parents praying fro their child to be healed, and refusing to bring their child to hospital? The child died. (I mentioned this very early in our 'debate'). Did the child not have enough faith? Did the parents not have enough? Mark 11:24
You keep forgetting that a person's heart has to be right before God when they pray. If a person sinfully prays to God that they will win the lottery, would you expect God to grant that prayer request? No way. I'm not sure why God didn't save the Jews in the World War 2 but I know this one thing; bad things do happen in this world and it's all the result of Adam and Eve's first sin in the Garden of Eden when they ate the fruit. The world was perfect before they did that. In regard to the child's parents. No where in the Bible does it say that you shouldn't go to a doctor when you are ill. The parents should have taken the child to the doctors. They went about it the wrong way. God is a perfect God and will never do anything wrong or sinful. If a farmer prays for good crops does that mean he therefore doesn't have to plant any seed? If parents pray that their child will learn to read and write does that mean that they don't have to send the child to school? The parents should have taken the sick child to the doctors but they didn't. By the way my 2 examples of prayer are of God actually answering prayer. Regardless of whether other people's prayers get answered the fact that those 2 where answered proves God exists.

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by bennett_david Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:18 pm

Liam, here are some more questions for you:

How do you explain the high degree of design and order in the universe if there is no God?

How do you account for the vast archaeological documentation of Biblical stories, places, and people?

Since absolutely no Bible prophecy has ever failed (and there are hundreds), how can one realistically remain unconvinced that the Bible is of divine origin?

How do you explain David's graphic portrayal of Jesus' death by crucifixion (Psalm 22) 1000 years before Christ lived?

How do you explain that the prophet Daniel prophesied the exact YEAR when the Christ would be presented as Messiah and also prophesied that the temple would be destroyed afterwards over 500 years in advance (Daniel 9:24-27)?

How could any mere human pinpoint the precise birth town of the Messiah seven full centuries before the fact, as did the prophet Micah?

How do you account for the odds (1 in 10 to the 157th power) that even just 48 (of 300) Old Testament prophecies were fulfilled in Jesus Christ?

How was it possible for the Old Testament prophet Isaiah to have predicted the virgin birth of Jesus (Isaiah 7:14) 700 years before it occurred?

How can anyone doubt the reliability of Scripture considering the number and the proximity to the originals of its many copied manuscripts?

In what sense was Jesus a "good man" if He was lying in His claim to be God?

If the Bible is not true, why is it so universally regarded as "the Good Book"?

Did you know that the Bible has been the number one bestseller almost every single year since the 1436 invention of the Gutenberg printing press?

If God does not exist, then from where comes humanity's universal moral sense?

If man is nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, what motivates you to care and to live honorably in the world?

Can you explain how personality could have ever evolved from the impersonal, or how order could have ever resulted from chaos?

If Jesus' resurrection was faked, why would twelve intelligent men (Jesus' disciples) have been willing to face death for what they knew to be a lie?

How do you explain the fact that a single, relatively uneducated and virtually untraveled man, dead at age 33, radically changed lives and society to this day?

Why have so many of history's greatest thinkers been believers?

Have you ever wondered why thousands of intelligent scientists, living and dead, have been men and women of great faith?

If time never had a beginning, but rather goes backwards infinitely or has gone through an infinite number of cycles, then how is it possible that we are here today?

How can something as small as a brain understand extremely complicated aspects of the universe, even though it is (supposedly) just a bunch of chemical reactions and electrical signals? But at the same time, this brain can’t create another brain like itself, so how can nature, that has no brain, create a brain?

Everyone knows Mount Rushmore was the result of intelligent design. Do you think the human body is the result of intelligent design?

When you look at a lot of creatures such as zebras, turtles, butterflies, bees, lady bugs, leopards, etc., you will notice amazing color patterns designed into them. Who came up with those? Does nature have a “taste” in colors, and does it know which colors go together nicely?

How do you account for the origin of life considering the irreducible complexity of its essential components?

How can the Second Law of Thermodynamics be reconciled with progressive, naturalistic evolutionary theory?

How do you reconcile the existence of human intelligence with naturalism and the Law of Entropy?

How come there are some things on our planet seem that they are especially designed for us? For example, the 2 most comfortable colors are blue and green , which happen to be the color of the sky and most of the nature around us. Who chose those colors to be there , before earth even existed?

Why does the Bible alone, of all of the world's holy books, contain such detailed prophecies of future events?

Is it absolutely true that "truth is not absolute" or only relatively true that "all things are relative?"

Is it possible that your unbelief in God is actually an unwillingness to submit to Him?

Does your present worldview provide you with an adequate sense of meaning and purpose?

How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many Christian believers down through history?

Are you aware that every alleged Bible contradiction has been answered in an intelligible and credible manner?

What do you say about the hundreds of scholarly books that carefully document the veracity and reliability of the Bible?

Why and how has the Bible survived and even flourished in spite of centuries of worldwide attempts to destroy and ban its message?

Have you ever considered the fact that Christianity is the only religion whose leader is said to have risen from the dead?

How do you explain the empty tomb of Jesus in light of all the evidence that has now proven essentially irrefutable for twenty centuries?

If Jesus did not actually die and rise from the dead, how could He (in His condition) have circumvented all of the security measures in place at His tomb?

If the authorities stole Jesus' body, why? Why would they have perpetrated the very scenario that they most wanted to prevent?

If Jesus merely resuscitated in the tomb, how did He deal with the Roman guard posted just outside its entrance?

How can one realistically discount the testimony of over 500 witnesses to a living Jesus following His crucifixion (see 1 Corinthians 15:6)?

If all of Jesus' claims to be God were the result of His own self-delusion, why didn't He show evidence of lunacy in any other areas of His life?

Is your unbelief in a perfect God possibly the result of a bad experience with an imperfect church or a misunderstanding of the facts, and therefore an unfair rejection of God Himself?

How did 35-40 men, spanning 1500 years and living on three separate continents, ever manage to author one unified message, i.e. the Bible?

Because life origins are not observable, verifiable, or falsifiable, how does the theory of "evolution" amount to anything more than just another faith system?

What do you make of all the anthropological studies indicating that even the most remote tribes show some sort of theological awareness?

If every effect has a cause, then what or who caused the universe?

How do you explain the thousands of people who have experienced heaven or hell and have come back to tell us about it?

How do you explain the countless people who have received miracles from God?

Is there any evidence that would satisfy you and persuade you to become a believer, or are you just going to believe what you WANT to believe?

bennett_david

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15